CMW has the expertise and experience to locate and source site won material for construction needs. With the growing cost of construction materials and transportation costs, CMW has the ability to work alongside our client, offering alternate solutions to importing expensive construction material.
Drawing on the collective Engineering and Geological experience of our technical staff, CMW can help locate and source site won material by way of identifying local borrow pits and determining the suitability of the material for our clients construction projects.
CMW Geosciences (NZ) Ltd adopts a hands-on approach to help Clients solve challenges during construction and manage risk in, on and under the ground.
CMW also has the expertise to provide earthworks monitoring and testing services (Level 1 or 2 in accordance with AS3798) whilst concurrently providing other specialist geotechnical design services to help our clients manage geotechnical challenges encountered during earthworks construction.
CMW has the ability to work alongside our clients drawing on the collective Engineering and Geological experience of our technical staff for all sites where bulk earthworks, site remediation, or temporary works are required.
Our involvement with earthworks construction projects encompasses a wide spectrum of material properties including expansive clays, collapsible sands, limestone karst envoronments and landslide remediation.
Material Sourcing Techniques
CMW utilise a full range of techniques to suit site specific geology and project complexity. These include, but are not limited to the following:
- Selecting borrow pit locations to minimize vegetation disturbance;
- Identifying and mapping all suitable borrow pit locations in close proximity to construction site;
- Laboratory testing to identify grade and engineering properties of site won material;
- Assisting with the excavation and placement regulations of all sourced material, and;
- Certifying the compaction/ placement of the material and provide a site classification of all construction projects.
Earthworks Monitoring and Testing Techniques
CMW utilise a full range of monitoring and testing techniques to suit site specific geology and project complexity. These include the following:
- Material testing and fill certification in accordance with NZS 4402 and NZS 4407;
- On site observations and instructions during construction in accordance with NZS 4431;
- Construction recommendations for fill placement including assessment of onsite materials for use as engineered fill, compaction techniques, method specifications, excavation conditions, bulking factors and subgrade preparation;
- Dewatering techniques, ground improvement, preload design, dynamic compaction and shear key design;
- Site classification in accordance with AS2870:2011;
- Recommendations for excavation works including temporary works design, underpinning and stability of cut slopes; and
- Earthworks completion reports following construction, detailing the as built information and providing certification in accordance with NZS 4404 and NZS 4431.
CMW also provides services in Geotechnical Design, Site Investigation and Dynamic Pile Testing