CMW specialises in undertaking optimised geotechnical investigation, analysis and design services for temporary and permanent works involving complex soil structure interactions.
Our in depth knowledge of NZ local ground conditions and geotechnical issues is achieved from over 65 years of collective experience through our NZ technical directors and senior staff.
Our effective geotechnical analysis and the design capability is built on the back of expertise that can only be gained through experience. We have specifically built an advanced team of geotechnical analysis and design specialists each with several years of relevant experience.
CMW Geosciences (NZ) Ltd adopts a hands-on approach to help Clients solve challenges during construction and manage risk in, on and under the ground.
Fields of Expertise
Our specific areas of expertise in which we have gained extensive experience and track record, are outlined below:
- Geotechnical Investigation
Collectively, we have been responsible for the planning, execution and management of many significant geotechnical investigation programmes across New Zealand.
- Ground Modelling
We develop, present and technically review complex geotechnical models that are used for geotechnical analysis and design.
- Earth Retention
Design of temporary and permanent ground retention systems, ground anchors and soil nails for specialist geotechnical contractors and asset owners.
- Deep Pile Foundations
Design development, selection, testing, analysis and construction monitoring for a wide range of pile types.
- Rock and Soil Slope Stability
Large scale geomorphic assessments, numerical soil slope stability analyses, rock slope design.
- Soft Ground Engineering
Ground improvement design to mitigate settlement, including surcharging, wick drains, stone columns, jet grout, piled rafts, deep soil mixing, vibro-compact.
Finite Element Analysis
Soil structure interaction and ground deformation problems. Commonly used for complex foundation design and deep excavations.
The staff of CMW Geosciences have significant experience using the following commercial software packages for the analysis of geotechnical problems.:
- Plaxis 2D and 3D finite element modelling using standard and advanced constitutive soil models.
- LimitState:Geo, used to analyse complex geometries under ultimate limit state conditions.
- D-Pile by Delatres, for modelling single and group pile behaviour under vertical and lateral loading conditions.
- SLIDE, by Rocscience, for the ultimate limit state analysis of slopes.
- HoleBASE SI. Used for Geotechnical BIM, to store geotechnical data in a GIS format and apply to 3D drawing environments for complex ground modelling.
- WALLAP. Used for non-complex embedded retaining wall design.
- GRLWEAP. Used for pile driveability analysis.
CMW also provides services in Site Investigation, Dynamic Pile Testing and Earthwork Monitoring and Testing